A. Decline the following nouns:
B. Identify the following nouns as nominative or accusative and tell whether they would be used as the direct object or a predicate nominative.
*these are words you haven't learned yet, but they are all 1st declension so you should be able to figure out if they are nominative or accusative.
C. Translate the following sentences:
1. Lunae non sunt stellae.
2. Puella est discipula.
3. Deus terram et lunam et stellas creat.
4. Mater et pater puellam amant.
5. Magistra et discipulae stellas creant.
6. The boy is working.
7. The teacher is carrying a moon.
8. You love the earth.
9. We are carrying the girls.
10. The students are thinking.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Thursday, January 10, 2008
- do, dare - I give
- clamo, clamare - I shout
- creo, creare - I create
- porto, portare - I carry
- laboro, laborare - I work
- luna, ae - moon
- stella, ae - star
- terra, ae - land, earth
- magistra, ae - female teacher
- magister, magistri - male teacher
- discipula, ae - female student
- discipulus, i - male student
- Deus, i - God
- et - and
- non - not
1st declension noun endings (with pronunciation):